Future Energy Africa’s core conference themes reflect today’s energy mix in Africa; driven by fossil fuels, contributing over 70 percent of primary energy demand.
Presenting a practical approach to sustainable energy ambitions, and recognising the important role natural gas will play as a preferred transition fuel on journey towards a low-carbon future, Future Energy Africa will bring together traditionally siloed but increasingly connected industries together in one global meeting place.
Future Energy Africa’s three-day conference is the perfect platform for the region’s policy makers; its NOCs and IOCs; national utility companies and IPPs; clean-tech providers; engineering contractors; and financiers to foster a secure, affordable and low-carbon energy mix across Africa.
The core conference themes at Future Energy Africa will feature full-stream energy content via:
- Ministerial sessions
- A high-level 2 day strategic conference
- C-Suite dialogues
- CEO Roundtables
- A 3 day technical conference at the Centres of Technical Excellence (COTES)
- Country market focus sessions
- Keynotes from leading industry experts
The Conference Agenda Will Fundamentally Examine Themes Around:
- What will the energy mix in Africa look like in 2030?
- Understanding the key role for natural gas, LNG and LPG to deliver clean, secure and affordable energy?
- What are the drivers of new production in oil and gas assets?
- What role does coal play in a low-carbon world?
- What more can be done to support the growth of solar and wind markets in Africa?
- How will energy be consumed in global cities of tomorrow?
- What are the industry-shaping international policies moving African energy markets?
- What does it take to effectively encourage, regulate and finance smaller, community-based energy projects in Africa?
- Where are the opportunities to advance energy efficiency across the value chain?
- How are disruptive technologies rewriting the energy landscape?
- What does “next generation power connectivity” look like and where are the projects?
- What are the key strategies adopted by African nations as they transition from energy exporters to energy importers?